Sunday, February 10, 2013

It's about time...


I guess it's time for another post.  Macy is 9 months now, so I should be recovered enough to write about it, right?  Where to begin...where to begin...

Macy is really our pride and joy.  She is the center of our lives, and we love every minute of it.  She starting sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks, and that allowed me to get my sanity back!  Here is a synopsis of the first nine months of her life.
This pose is soooo Macy's personality
1 month (May) - Hard month.  I cried all the time, and felt like I was going to just pass out and die at any moment because of a lack of energy and sleep.  Nursing almost killed me.  Macy was really hard to rock to sleep, and wouldn't cry herself to sleep.  Daddy helped Mommy so she could get some sleep.  Lots of neighbors and friends brought dinner over, and little gifts for Macy.  That made Mommy feel better.  Grandma was a life saver.

2 months - A little better.  Macy started sleeping better.  I was able to get out and get some sunshine.  I always loved Macy, but it was hard liking her the first month.  I started liking her better in month two. :)  We went camping in the Uintahs with the Moss family when Macy was 2 1/2 months, and she was a champ!

3 months - Much better.  Macy was sleeping 9-10 hours at night, and nursing was finally a breeze.  I went back to work two days a week, and my mom helped watch Macy.
Macy visiting Aunt Heidi's 6th grade classroom wearing her UofU getup.
4 - 6 months - We love our little chunk!  She weighed in at 21.2 lbs. at her 6 month appointment!  We went on a vacation to Bear Lake, and Macy went swimming for the first time (not in the cold lake, in the condo's pool :))
I bought this outfit for her to wear next summer (12-18 months) and realized she probably wouldn't fit into it by then, so I put it on her (when she was 4 months) and it fit snug!

Cutest lobster in town...1st Halloween

Macy and Santa - she loved the beard! 1st Christmas
 
7-9 months - She's crawling all over the place (even up the stairs), and standing up against everything. She has the cutest dang smile and dimples around! She's getting skinny from all that crawling! She is the happiest lil' thing. She loves anything that's not a baby toy. She LOVES cords of any kind.

We are loving being parents. Life is just so much more meaningful. It is definitely an adjustment going from "every minute is my time to do with as I please" to dedicating every minute to my child.  It definitely has taught me to be more unselfish with my time.  Trevor is a natural daddy, and is so cute with Macy.  He has better intuition than I do with knowing what to do in certain circumstances when it comes to child rearing.  Time has flown by, and I wish it would slow down a bit, but before we know it, she'll be walking!

3 comments:

  1. My sister called me so very early this morning to tell me she saw you at the gym! How fun! And then as I was doing my daily blog check, I saw that you updated, double fun!! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well. When people ask me what was the hardest baby to have, I always tell them it's the first, it's hard to learn that your life is not yours anymore. She is so adorable. We are coming out this summer, we should totally get together to chat, it's been WAY too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun seeing Christie! I definitely want to see you when you come out! Your boys are adorable.

      Delete
  2. Yay for the blog update and pictures! Macy is a cutie! It feels like you just had her and she's already crawling and standing. Crazy! I hope things are going well, we'll have to talk again soon!

    ReplyDelete